Friday, September 11, 2009

Clinton Inn Hosts a Scrumptious Event

September 11, 2009--Clinton Inn, a Scrumptious event
An interesting, spontaneous group of people met at the Clinton Inn last evening. My daughter Renee, and her family made it a memorable evening for me. Renee is adamant that my character Finch is patterned after her. Perhaps so. They know their minds, are honest and are not timid in speaking up. Thankfully Renee gave Booknook a thumb up. Thanks Renee!

Sam and Sally Dickson read about me in the Clinton Local and deduced that I was the Brenda Pincheon that worked at Lenawee Community Mental Health in the 1970s. It was fun to reconnect with them, especially since there are several scenes in the novel that take place at CMH. Several old and new friends were there, and a Clintonian, Pat, had seen the flyer at the Clinton Library. We also had at least four writers or would-be writers in the group.

The Adrian Daily Telegram sent reporter, Sam Adamopoulos, to interview me and a photographer to take my picture. Ann Arbor has lost its daily newspaper and it is reassuring to know that the Telegram is alive and well. Sam thought the article would appear in the Sunday Telegram.

Suzanne, from Discover Milan newspaper, has suggested that I’m becoming a food columnist. I deny this, but I have to tell you about the meals we had last night. The food was so good and so reasonable. My grandsons had stuffed trout. My husband salivated over the homemade pasta. Renee and I had seafood ravioli that melted in our mouths. And after it was all over, I relaxed with one of Laurie’s peach martinis, which I love. The Clinton Inn is a gem, well worth the drive. You might consider stopping by for lunch or dinner, and you could pick up a copy of Family at Booknook, while you are there. Or you can check the book out from your local library. The libraries all have copies.

Thanks to all of you who came last night. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Coming Events: I will be reading in the Children & Authors tent for Art-a-licious in Adrian, at 5:00 next Friday the 18th. And an interview with Dale Gaertner will air on WLEN Monday, September 21st at 6:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment