Friday, November 20, 2009

BOOKNOOK SOLD AT MEIJER

COMING EVENTS: Tomorrow, 2:00pm, talk and signing at the Adrian library. Friday, 12/11/09, 3:00 to 5:00pm signing at the Adrian Meijer store.

MORE COMMENTS:

Elmo Morales: I finished the book and cried at the end. I can see this as a movie...Brenda describes scenes really well. I can picture them so clearly -- colorful and picturesque.

Maureen Knight: I just finished your lovely book. I really enjoyed the characters and the story. I am glad you added the last chapter. Still, I find myself wondering where Finch is working and who she married.

Ellen Toronto: Believable and fascinating characters are an essential part of a good book for me. From that perspective Family at Booknook definitely qualifies. Dave is a lovable curmudgeon. Sparrow is quietly spunky and devoted to her daughter. In spite of her own difficult background she is committed to making a good life for her. As with any family the fate of the characters becomes deeply intertwined. The reader is drawn in to their all-too-human frailities, sorrowing in their tragedies and rejoicing in their ultimate message of hope.

MARKETING FOR CHRISTMAS

I am delighted that Meijer is going to sell Booknook. It will be in the Adrian Meijer and the three Ann Arbor stores. Meijer supports local authors, and Georgette St Amant, has taken me under her corporate wing so to speak and is shepherding the book through corporate channels.

Ben Negron the director of Adrian Meijer is planning a signing event in December, which will feature three authors, Laura Krzyaniak, Judge Sheridan and myself. A popular local band, The Injured List, will be selling CD’s. Ben tells me the band took the name in high school, when they played football and spent more time on the injured list than in the games.

Today I took more novels to Nicola’s books and dropped off Christmas fliers at several shops. At Unique Hair Salon, Karen read the back cover and bought two novels for Christmas gifts. She made my day.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations from a fellow, local writer. Though I don't care much for their music, The Injured List is one of the best bands in Adrian.

    ReplyDelete